Terms and Conditions
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance. Entry is open to all UK residents but excludes MS Society employees and third parties directly involved in the administration or management of the Weekly Lottery. Any entries bought in the name of such MS Society employees or members of their households will be excluded from the draw and considered as donations to MS Society.
- Not to be sold by or to anyone under 18 years of age. Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize. Any entries bought by under 18’s will be excluded from the draw and considered as donations to MS Society.
- Your unique lottery number(s) will be generated and confirmed by post within 21 days. Your number(s) will remain the same each week. No ticket will be supplied.
- The weekly draw will be conducted every Friday. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator which will select a six digit number (the Winning Number). Only Lottery numbers for players with sufficient credit at the time of the draw will be eligible for prizes. Late or missed payments may result in player’s lottery numbers not being eligible for every draw.
- The Winning Number will be available via the MS Society website (mssociety.org.uk/lotterywinners) and will be available from the Weekly Lottery Helpline on 01628 820 116. Results will be available from the Monday following the draw.
- Winning combinations will be for players’ lottery numbers which match three or more of the digits in the correct position within the Winning Number. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest will be payable. If you pay by Direct Debit, prizes will be paid directly into your bank account, otherwise a cheque will be sent within 21 days.
- Prizes are as follows: Match 6 numbers in order for a prize of £10,000. Match 5 numbers in order for a prize of £1,000. Match 4 numbers in order for a prize of £25. Match 3 numbers in order for a prize of £5.
- All profits from the MS Weekly Lottery go to MS Society (Registered Charity No. 1139257) to continue funding the charity’s work and to help stop MS.
- MS Society is not responsible for any delays in bank payments. Entries can only be included in the lottery once full payment for each entry has been received.
- CAF payments cannot be accepted to pay for lottery entries. All CAF payments will be returned with a request for alternative payment or treated as donations.
- No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
- MS Society or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. MS Society or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made regarding the lottery and its rules shall, once made, be final and binding.
- The rules are subject to change by MS Society or its External Lottery Manager. Copies of the latest rules will be published on mssociety.org.uk/lottery
- In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the lottery in any way, the organisers reserve the right to fairly administer the lottery as though the error had not occurred. Where the organisers deem it appropriate and/or feasible MS Society will notify entrants of the error.
MS Society is registered with the Gambling Commission to operate lotteries, licence number 000-004989. This licence is issued under the Gambling Act 2009. Registered licence holders are: Rachel Doughty and Gary Day.
If you are concerned that gambling is a problem for you or someone you know please visit www.gambleaware.co.uk
Multiple Sclerosis Society is a charity registered in England and Wales (1139257) and in Scotland (SC041990) and a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales (07451571).
Please gamble responsibly. If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, Gambleaware is the UK's leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 (lines open 8am to midnight) or visit www.gambleaware.org